Global Engagement Program
Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Social Impact.
An exclusive, truly global 4-year college experience.
The Global Engagement Program is an invitation-only program offered to select high-talent students who have already been accepted to Northeastern. Eligible students will major in business or a combined business major with economics or political science.
This truly experiential approach to education embodies the Northeastern learning model—learning through real, global experiences.
Benefit from a lower overall cost compared to studying abroad independently, outside of the program.
Leverage Northeastern’s expansive global network to immerse yourself in multiple cultures.
What will my 4 years in the Global Engagement Program look like?
Understanding Global Social Entrepreneurship, Technology, and Ethics
You will spend your full first year at the New College of the Humanities(NCH) in London.
Developing a Global Mindset Wherever You Are
- You will spend your fall at the Boston campus or a designated regional campus as you complete courses to fulfill your major, concentration, and general education requirements.
- In the spring, you might decide to launch into your first Co-op or continue with your studies.
- Spend your summer session on a Dialogue of Civilizations program, taking classes in Boston, or completing your Co-op.
Learning and Leading Across Cultures
You will have several choices to build out your third year:
- Spend the full year studying abroad with one of our partners; or
- Split your year in half with two experiences: Study Abroad, Co-op or study in Boston!
Global Experience Advisors will help you find the right study abroad option for you!
Becoming a Lifelong Global Learner and Leader
You will return to Boston for the final year of the program, to complete your major requirements, NUpath requirements, capstone course, and graduate with your class.
"Being a part of GEP was the greatest decision of my life. The experiences, the unique opportunities, and the friends I have made both within the program and abroad are priceless. As someone who loves traveling and meeting new people, I loved every minute of being in the program."
Begin Your GEP Application
The Global Engagement Program is an invitational program. Once you have been invited, you will receive further instructions on how to apply. The application includes elements such as an essay related to your personal, academic, and professional goals.
Please work with your academic advisor to make sure that you are eligible for the Global Engagement Program. Students in the GEP program major in:
• DMSB: Business Administration (all concentrations)
• Combined Business Administration & Political Science
• Combined Business Administration & Economics
• Combined Economics & Political Science
• Includes Honors
You must enter GEP for the fall semester of your freshman year. N.U.in students are not eligible for the Global Engagement Program.
Applications open in early March and close at the beginning of April.
Need help along the way?Speak to an Advisor