The Boston Experience
Northeastern University is located in the heart of Boston’s cultural center, within walking distance to the Museum of Fine Arts, the Boston Symphony, the New England Conservatory, and the Public Gardens.
Boston, Massachusetts, is one of the most historic and cultural cities in the United States. It is considered a university town, with many undergraduate and graduate programs, and at the forefront of scientific, biotech, and medical research. Always known for its avid sports fans, Boston now boasts several world champion sports teams.
More than 18 million people visit the city annually, making it a top tourist destination. It is home to an internationally acclaimed symphony, a wealth of museums and galleries, bustling nightlife, theatre, concerts, sporting events, shopping, exquisite dining, and more.
- Classrooms and Laboratories – Northeastern houses some of the most advanced research laboratories and institutes in the area.
- Snell Library is the largest academic library in Boston, and a quiet place to study or to meet friends at the CyberCafe.
- Curry Student Center is the hub of the Northeastern Boston campus. Shop in the bookstore, unwind in the game room (pool tables, table tennis, Wii™, television) or take in a new music group at the AfterHours nightclub.
Marino Recreation Complex is a great place to get fit, meet people, and simply have fun!
Involvement on Campus
The University offers an impressive array of innovative student organizations through which you will be empowered to be visionary, ethical, culturally competent, and responsible members of our global community.
- The Center for Spirituality, Dialog, and Service – Regardless of your religion or faith, you can practice it in Northeastern’s nurturing environment. The Center for Spirituality, Dialog, and Service offers programs for people of all faiths. Religious leaders from many spiritual paths are here to serve you. The office is located at 203 Ell Hall.
- University Health and Counseling – Onsite medical and behavioral health teams make sure you receive prompt and compassionate care and support. UHCS is located on the 1st floor of Forsyth Hall.