Search for Courses
Research courses that you are interested in taking abroad, including multiple back-up courses, and confirm that they have been evaluated for Northeastern equivalents.
- Courses listed are not guaranteed to be offered during your desired term abroad. Please confer with the course catalogue from your host institution to see which courses are being offered during a specific semester.
- If a course is listed as “No Transfer,” this means that the course has already been reviewed by a Northeastern faculty evaluator and they have determined that the course will not transfer back to Northeastern for credit.
- If a course is not listed in the database, this means that it has not been evaluated yet and must be submitted to GEO for evaluation.
Course Restrictions by Major/Minor
Individual colleges may enforce specific policies regarding what courses you can take abroad. These policies are subject to change. All active policies are listed below. All questions about major/minor course policies should be directed to your Academic Advisor.
- Only 25% of a concentration (1 course) may be taken abroad. You must also have taken the appropriate NU pre-requisite(s) in addition to any prerequisite(s) required by the host institution.
- Concentration courses must be 2000 level or higher.
- Concentration courses must carry at least 2.0 Northeastern credit hours.
- ORGB3201 and STRT4501 may not be taken abroad.
International Business Major
- INTB1203 may not be taken abroad
- Business minors may take 1 course toward the minor abroad. You must also have taken the appropriate NU pre-requisite(s) in addition to any pre-requisite(s) required by the host institution.
- Does not apply to the interdisciplinary minors: Emerging Markets, Global Social Entrepreneurship, and Sustainable Business Practices. These interdisciplinary minors may take 1 additional course abroad (from elective list) with approval from DMSB advisor.
- Non-business majors may take business classes abroad with pre-approval from the D’Amore-McKim School of Business and should check with their Academic Advisor to ensure they have open electives in their curriculum. Pre-approval will only be granted if you meet the appropriate NU pre-requisite(s) as well as any pre-requisite(s) required by the host institution.
- Economics Majors and Economics Combined Majors
- ECON2560 Applied Econometrics has a limited number of course equivalencies abroad.
- ECON4692 Senior Seminar cannot be taken abroad.
Courses that cannot be taken abroad are:
- PSYC 2320
- a Psychology lab
- a Psychology seminar
These courses could count as electives, but this will not fulfill the requirement of completing a lab or a seminar here at Northeastern.