Submit Courses for Evaluation
It is your responsibility to ensure that your global experience courses are properly evaluated by Northeastern faculty and that you obtain the approval of your Academic Advisor. Failure to do so could mean that you do not receive credit for the courses you take.
To submit a course for evaluation you will need the following information, which can be found on the host institution website:
- A complete syllabus (PDF) including a complete reading list
- The number of credits (host institution credits, this is often listed on the syllabus)
- The department the course is taught in
- (Preferred) the number of contact hours
Once you have submitted a course, you will be alerted by email when the courses have been evaluated or if further information is needed.
- Although GEO facilitates course evaluations, Northeastern faculty are in charge of course evaluations. GEO will keep you updated on the status of course evaluations, but please do not reach out to faculty directly.
- GEO cannot have a course re-evaluated in the database unless the course evaluation is older than 5 years or there is a new course syllabus.
- Specific NU equivalents cannot be requested.
If you feel that an evaluated course abroad could fulfill a different degree requirement than what it is currently evaluated to fulfill, please work with your Academic Advisor. Your Academic Advisor may be able to work with you and the department to have this Northeastern course equivalent fulfill a different degree requirement as a one-time exception.