Diversity & Inclusion
The Global Experience Office strives to offer you the resources you need to have a successful and fulfilling study abroad experience, regardless of your identities or abilities.
At the Global Experience Office, we recognize that a student may hold any number of intersecting identities, and believe that your identities should not be a deterrent to you studying abroad. Our goal is to provide you with the tools, resources, and support that you need to help you navigate your global experience, regardless of the identities you hold.
Research and knowledge are the keys to a successful study abroad. Questions to ask yourself before traveling abroad are:
- How are my identities perceived in my host country? What kind of stereotypes are there?
- Do I have any accommodations that need to be catered to?
- How should I react if I find something to be offensive?
- Who will I contact if I do face discriminatory incidents?
- Does my program have support staff that will understand and help me through any discriminatory incident I may face?
To help you answer some of these questions, the Global Experience Office has created the My Global Identity Series, a series of workshops addressing different identity issues students could face abroad.
My Global Identity Series
There are many affinity offices and resources right here at Northeastern that are able to help you answer questions and strategize around any concerns you may have about going abroad due to your identities. The Global Experience Office strives to maintain our relationship and collaborations with these offices, so that you can have a seamless experience working with us and these other Northeastern offices.
- The Asian American Center
- The Center for Spirituality, Dialogue and Service
- The Center for Intercultural Engagement
- The Disability Resource Center
- The John D. O’Bryant African American Institute
- The Latinx Student Cultural Center
- The LGBTQA Resource Center
- The Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
- The Social Justice and Resource Center